The new MAC Metallic Lipstick Collection is a range of 18 pearlescent shades in a brand new finish. The line features neutrals to dramatic shades and contain copper, bronze, and titanium powders for a true metallic look. Move over matte, metallic is back and having a moment.
The lipsticks retail for $17 each, and come in a wide range of shiny shades:
- Metal Head (blackened purple with multicolored pearl)
- Act So Cool (deepened brown with gold metal pearl)
- Zerocool (metalized emerald green)
- Royal Hour (deep royal purple with blue pearl)
- Foiled Rose (brightened blue pink)
- Hades Fire (cool red burgundy)
- Pale Rosé (cool muted neutral pink)
- Modern Midas (muted gold with pink and green duo pearl)
- Devotional (metallic purplish brown)
- Cold Front (frosted periwinkle blue)
- Silver Spoon (multidimensional silver)
- In Lust (light warm neutral)
- Digging For Gold (light brown with gold glitter)
- Jupiter (bronzed neutral)
- Pearly One (confetti’ed white frost)
- Disobedient (deep burgundy red wine)
- Nightly Ritual (blackened navy)
- Anything Once (blackened blue with multicolored pearl)
Once swatched, the shades are sheer but buildable with a punch of glitter. Many of the shades have multichromatic glitter that make for a fun and multidimensional look than traditional shimmery lipsticks. Despite having glitter, they aren’t super gritty and feel comfortable on the lips. They have minimal transfer, but can gather in the inner parts of your lips after a while. As expected, the glitter tends to linger!
My favorite shade from the collection is Pale Rosé- it’s super wearable and makes for a fun spring look with matte makeup. Anyone can find a shade in this collection- since they’re sheer, you’ll be surprised at how wearable some of the more out-there shades are.
**This post contains products that I have received for free – for more information, please read my Disclosure Policy**