The POPSUGAR Must Have Box is one of my favorite boxes to look at reviews of, because I love how they curate a box that covers beauty, fashion, and lifestyle that is well worth the $39.95 price tag. Although I wouldn’t splurge out on it monthly (broke college student, much?), it is such a lovely gift to give yourself every once in a while! As I’m a part of PopSugar’s Select Beauty Bloggers, I was sent a box this month- perfect timing as it was my birthday month! Let’s take a peek inside:
As you can see in the video, the 6 items (plus a bonus item) totaled a whopping $124 value! That’s over 3 times what the box costs- amazing, right? In the video I share my initial reactions, but keep reading for my full reviews & additional photos!
- Kendra Scott Elisa Necklace in Black Cat’s Eye ($50)- I sneaked a peek at Allison Anderson’s unboxing blog post and saw she got a pair of earrings from this brand, which weren’t my style (I don’t even wear earrings), so I was pleasantly surprised with this dainty little necklace. It didn’t fit my neck, so I needed to use an extender, but it is a beauty! It’s so simple and elegant.
- Paddywax Ocean Tide + Sea Salt Mini Jar Candle ($10)- I always see them include candles in these boxes, so I was so pleased to get one this time around! Waiting to burn this until I get back from Europe, but it smells lovely. It is a fresh smelling, but not what I was expecting! It smells a bit floral to me. Would love to try more from this brand, so glad to have the option to with this box!
- The Mason Jar Cookie Company Festive Celebrate Cookie Mix ($12)- I was elated to find a baking related item in the box, because I am an avid baker! If I wasn’t in the beauty industry, I’d probably be a pastry chef. I had a bit of sticker-shock with the price of this mix, so I doubt I’d buy it again, but the mason jar packaging is adorable and the mix was so easy to make. Plus, the cookies are delish!
- Goodbyn Purple Meal and Dipper Set ($8)- This mini meal box is perfect for people who go to school or work and want to bring along a snack to save money. I could see this housing peanut butter, hummus, or any other dip with the fruit, vegetable, or dipper of your choosing! Not sure if I’ll get much use out of it, as I always tend to buy lunch and snacks on the go, or buy prepackaged food.
- Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss ($22)- I was so excited to see Bite Beauty in this box, because I have always wanted to try more products from their brand, especially after using their Agave Lip Mask I reviewed a while back. I’m not a huge gloss gal, but I loved the fruity scent and the sheer pink that adds the most subtle tint. You can’t find this shade, as it was an exclusive PopSugar pink- how cool is that! It’s a bit sticky, but it’s manageable because it gives the glossiest look ever!
- Lollia At Last Perfumed Shower Gel ($22)- Another beauty product, yay! I have never heard of this brand, but the packaging is too cute. The shower gel seemed very liquidy and has a pretty strong scent. It is supposed to smell floral, but, to me, it reminds me of baby body wash. Would never buy such a pricy body wash, I swear by Caress and go through it like water!
- thinkThin Brownie Crunch High Protein Bar– this was a free “special extra,” which I wasn’t nuts about. I really just don’t care for these type of bars!
Overall I really thought this box was impressive. Way more so than the last box I received almost a year ago. Such great brands featured! I like mixing it up from beauty-exclusive subscription boxes because I have enough makeup to last me a lifetime.
Want your own Must Have Box? Save $10 on a 3 month subscription with code AUG14SELECT until 9/10/14!
**This post contains products that I have received for free. POPSUGAR provided me with a complimentary POPSUGAR Must Have box. The opinions I have shared about the box are my own and POPSUGAR did not tell me what to say or how to say it.– for more information, please read my Disclosure Policy**