So last week I went on a really bad Tinder date, so I thought I’d spill the beans for the entire internet to hear. Back to square one, eh?
Online dating in a big city is tough- or in any city, for that matter. It’s difficult to spend hours swiping through people to wind up with little matches, or people that are looking for the same thing that you are. Through my years of swiping, I’ve figured out some red flags that you’ll typically see and should avoid at all costs- swipe left!
- Late night/weekend messagers: If they aren’t willing to make time in their day to message you & only text late at night or on weekends, they’re probably just looking for a hook up.
- No group pictures: No group pictures or photos with friends? They probably don’t have any.
- No work or education listed: If there is no work or school listed they either made a fake Facebook just for Tinder, or are jobless. Swipe right if you’re looking for a sugar baby!
- No bio: No bio= not even trying to impress.
- Far away: They bought Tinder Plus. Ew.
- Trying to get your number too quickly: If they want to move from Tinder messaging to texting way too fast, they’re probably going to send you an unsolicited dick pic.
- They’re on vacation: I don’t care how hot Tom from Australia is, if he’s only in town for a week, he’s looking to bang. But if that’s what you’re looking for, that’s cool.
- No height listed: Short. short short short. You can also spot a short guy if their photos aren’t full body shots or with other people to gauge how tall they may be.
- Bad grammar/spelling: This is a given. It’s 2016. Autocorrect is a thing. And who wants to receive a “your beautiful” text?
- They’re “open minded”: If their profile says they’re open minded or up for anything, they’re probably kinky and looking for a threesome (or worse).
- Only selfies: I’m biased and think that dudes selfies look so weird 90% of the time. Do you not have friends that can take your picture? And cut it out with the snapchat screenshots with filters & emojis everywhere as profile pictures.
- Their profile picture is not them: If the dude has a profile picture that is a meme or some other random picture that is not of a person, they’re ugly.
I know there are more red flags out there- do you have any you think I missed? Share them in the comments! And now I’m back to swiping…