I figured since I posted a blog on Sequin Dresses For New Year’s Eve, that I better show you what I actually ended up buying and wearing for my night out. My night was super fun, spent with new and old friends & we all had a great time- I’d say it was my best New Year’s yet.
I picked this Club L Plus Size Gold Sequin Dress with a V Neck that was on sale for only $45 on ASOS, one of my favorite clothing sites.
I also wore my Nordstrom BP Trolley Ankle Booties that always look great- I may need them in gray too!
I didn’t wear any jewelry, as the sequins were more than enough to make me shine.
I also wore a jacket, which I wasn’t pictured in too much, but it’s my old ELOQUII Quilted Sleeve Moto Jacket (similar) which I’m so sad they longer make because one of my buttons broke but I still wear it because it’s the only leather jacket that’s suited me. You can see what the jacket looks like on me from my What I Wore: Tinder Plus Launch Party blog.
My hair was simple- I used the 2nd largest barrel of my Cortex 4-in-1 Curling Wand & used Big Sexy Hair hairspray.
I feel bad that I didn’t get any good photos of my makeup, but I didn’t think of doing this blog post until I saw the good outfit photos I got. I asked what eyeshadow I should do on my snapchat (oliviafrescura) and people voted for a traditional black smokey eye and not a gold & black smokey eye. I also contoured and highlighted a lot, and used a nice nude lip. Here is a list of all of the products I used (and links to reviews if I have them):
- Primer: Make Up For Ever Step 1 Primer (Smoothing + Matte on top)
- Foundation: BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme in Shell mixed with Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation in 117
- Concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla mixed with IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Underye in Light
- Blush: NARS Contour Blush in Paloma
- Highlight: BECCA + Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop
- Contour: INGLOT Freedom System HD Sculpting Powder in 504 + 505
- Eyebrows: INGLOT AMC Brow Liner Gel in #21 & Billion Dollar Brows Clear Brow Gel
- Eyeshadow: Sephora Colorful Shadow in No. 25 on the lid & lower lash line topped with Colourpop Rollergirl, MAC Swiss Chocolate in the crease, and inner corner highlight with my same face highlight.
- Eyeliner: Sumita Beauty Black Eyeliner
- Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex
- Lips: Kiko Cosmetics Precision Lip Pencil #302 & Velvet Mat Lipstick in 603 (I can’t wait for Kiko to open up at Hollywood & Highland Center!)
If you’re in LA and looking for a cool bar to go to- check out Pearl’s Rooftop. It’s where my group of friends spend NYE & it was great because it had no cover before 11, good drinks, and good people. I have been there a few times and it’s really cute. We took some fun pics in their Photo Booth that costs $3 (worth it) and enjoyed hopping from room to room. Next I want to try their brunch…that mimosa kit though…
Cheers to a wonderful 2016!