Another month, another Beauty Box 5! I am a bit late at posting my unboxing & review because I had the busiest month I’ve had in a while-hence the lack of posts. I plan on getting caught up for February and doing a lot more pre-scheduling, though. Anyways, onto the box. This box was sponsored by the new movie That Awkward Moment that has Zac Efron in it. The previews looked pretty funny, but it didn’t seem like that great of a match for BB5 to me (with an all male lead cast?). Let’s peek at what was inside:
- Nubar Cuticle Oil ($5 value, $10 full size) – I was excited to try this cuticle oil. It works well, and I like the passionfruit scent. The brush is a bit stiff, but it isn’t too hard to work with. It was a good value because that bottle will last for a really long time!
- Jergens Daily Moisturizing Lotion ($6.99 for full size)- I hated this. No sugar coating that one. Smells bad and didn’t moisturize nearly enough. I have tried lotions that smell good and moisturize better than this, so I’d never repurchase one with a bad scent!
- Swissco Bath & Shower Exfoliating Gloves ($5 value)- These were great in theory, but they were a pain in the butt in the end. I have large wrists and struggle to put these gloves on, and once I do, they are super uncomfortable. I will say that they did make my skin really soft (including my hands), but because they are so annoying to wear, I’m less likely to use them.
- H2O+ Sea Lotus Body Wash ($17 for full size)- I liked this, but it wasn’t anything remarkable that would make it worth the $17…for a body wash. I didn’t prefer it to any other body wash.
- Epic Blend Hemp Coconut Lip Balm ($3.39 full size)- I thought this natural lip balm seemed pretty nice. It felt smooth on the lips, and they felt moisturized. After extended use my lips broke out in tiny bumps, which has happened with EOS before, so I must be allergic to some ingredient in it. If you don’t like the scent of coconut oil, don’t get this because it has that nutty scent that I am personally not a fan of.
- Awkward Moment Mirror (bonus)- good for purses! Nice little bonus.
This box was just okay for me. The winner is the cuticle oil, but I feel like we have gotten too many lip balms, body washes, and lotions in the short time I’ve been subscribed. I want more makeup! It’s Beauty Box 5, not Bath & Body Box 5, am I right? Let’s hope V-day will bring some romantic makeup to BB5!
**This post contains products that I have received for free– for more information, please read my Disclosure Policy**