Color Club has just released a collection featuring 6 scented topcoats. They have released 2 scented polish collections in the past, so I think it’s awesome that they are topcoats so you can customize them to add to any color. These retail for $8 each! The unique thing about these scents is that they are balanced multi-note fragrances, not one-dimensional scents. Scrangie, who has swatched and reviewed them has compared them to multiple high end fragrances such as: YSL Parisienne, D&G Light Blue, etc. I’ll describe each of the polishes for you to see for yourself!
- Duplicity: Feminine and irresistible with citron, bluebell and musk top notes. Scrangie says it is similar to Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue.
- Copycat: Fresh and clean, this sensual scent is infused with black currant, green apple and peach top notes. According to Scrangie, it’s similar to Burberry Classic.
- Dead Ringer: This sophisticated scent is fresh with a playful of innocence featuring strawberry, violet and vanilla top notes. Similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy.
- Mimic: Ultra feminine and sensual with blackberry, damask rose and sandalwood top notes. Resembles YSL Parisienne.
- Replica: This modern scent is cool and flirtatious with pink peppercorn, pear and grapefruit top notes. Marc Jacobs Lola dupe.
- Parallel Universe: Outrageous but charming, this is a classic green- oriental blend of lush fruits with soothing amber. Burberry Brit copy.
I think this is a pretty cool concept. Fragrance and nail polish are already emerging intertwined, but the fact that this is customizable and replicates high end scents is awesome! I would be most willing to try out Mimic because I LOVE Parisienne.
Would you try any of these out?