As I was catching up on some blogs a few days ago at school (don’t worry, I got out of class early!), I stumbled across a great post Vampy Varnish did about these. I immediately had to get them! You know you have a problem when you run to Rite Aid and Walgreens 30 minutes before your next class starts to stalk the beauty aisles.
I really wanted Purty Persimmon and 24 Carrot Gold, but 24 Carrot Gold was sold out. Another beauty caught my eye, Don’t Blink Pink! I immediately picked them both up at $2.49 a piece and rushed back to school. Until 9pm. I finally arrived home –and thanks to my soft box lighting, I was able to take this photos and try them out!
These 2 colors are great to brighten up your winter wardrobe, or to be on trend in spring and summer! I am very impressed by these, and I’ve had them for under 48 hours! What can I say? It was love at first swipe.
These babies ARE mega pigmented- and who can refuse the affordable price tag? And also, as a huge MAC Morange lover, I wanted to see how it compared to Purty Persimmon.
Purty Persimmon is a little more red toned, but for the price, it’s a great dupe! Now, on to some lip swatches!
I’m really impressed with these! Such a great bargain, I definitely want more now!
The Breakdown (pros and cons):
- Great pigment- almost neon looking!
- Long Lasting- I did a test today and wore it for about 4 hours (on dry lips- no lipliner!) and it still was visible (not perfect, but a lot better than some other lipsticks I’ve tried)
- Color Selection is nice!
- THE PRICE- (mine were $2.49 each at Walgreen’s)
- Packaging- one flaw about drugstore packaging is the fact that the product doesn’t twist fully into the bottom, there’s always some hanging over the lips, which can lead to messy opening and closing of the product.
- Not the most moisturizing, but the staying power makes up for it- hardly any issues when putting chapstick over it (as long as the lipstick has been worn long enough to dry)
I can’t wait to wear these out and about in public! What do you guys think?